Listen by clicking the above arrow or even easier, click here.
Parks & Rec welcomed 600,000 guests last year — and that’s just those who could be counted. What’s ahead as Todd Wofford takes over.
- The interim has been taken off Todd Wofford’s title as he now leads a new team of recreation, sports, safety and special needs professionals serving several hundred thousands of guests each year, from visits to the parks to youth sports to senior activities to the trails and special events.
- And more is on the way. Wofford and Jim Alred, the new recreation services manager for Rome-Floyd Parks and Rec, join John Druckenmiller of Hometown Headlines for a closer look at the agency and its continued evolution beyond common expectations.
- They’re seen success with pickle ball and with the recent adult summer basketball league. Flag football for youth and adults is a new focus. Plus the agency is reaching out to area businesses in search of partnerships to expand programs as well as scholarships for those in need.
- Todd and Jim joined us for this podcast at Brand Red Studios, 4 Bale St. off Fifth Avenue in downtown Rome. We thank Todd LaBerge for another round of solid podcast production.
The Druck Report is part of the Hometown Headlines Podcast series. Join us each weekday for our Hometown Newscast.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR INTERVIEWS & NEWSCASTS
- Weekday newscasts: The latest headlines, a rant or two, Peaks & Valleys. Around eight minutes each, available between 7 and 8 a.m.
- The Druck Report: Topics include putting Facebook to work for your small business, a preview of high school football this fall, changes coming to Rome’s arts scene, the battle for Summerville Park and more. All recorded at our partners, Brand Red Studios in downtown Rome.
- Hometown podcasts are now available on nine podcast platforms, including Apple Podcasts. Go to the iTunes store app, search hhpodcast and click subscribe. You’ll be notified each time we update our podcast library. You also can subscribe at Stitcher. Click here. Other subscription options include Spotify, Anchor, Google Podcasts, Breaker, Overcast, Tune In and Radio Public.