Bucket of Shrimp to arrive even earlier; noon ribbon cutting, soft opening until 3 p.m. Tuesday: That’s the word this Monday morning from the folks behind Bucket o’ Shrimp coming to 1517 Dean Ave. in Rome. The latest word: “Tuesday, July 16, is the ribbon cutting at noon and soft opening. We’re open to public until 3 p.m. Then on Wednesday, July 17, the official grand opening with regular business hours.”
What’s on the menu (taped to the window):
- Pirate Grub features seven shrimp fried or grilled with hush puppies, a regular side and drink for $7.99. The 20-shrimp order: $21.99.
- A stick of fried lobster: $13.99.
- Po’ boys from $8.75 to $12.49 (latter with sides, former is entree only).
- Shrimp and crab bucket with two crab leg clusters, shrimp, corn, potatoes and sausage, $25 (no sides — thankfully).
- Sides of cole slaw, crinkle cut fries, sweet potato fries and hush puppies, $1.99 each. Premium sides $3.99 to $4.99.
- 11 a.m. until 7 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday
- Until 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
- Sunday, noon until 5 p.m.
- Closed Monday and Tuesday.
The foodies of Northwest Georgia have been tracking several incoming restaurants for months. We keep hearing about is Thatcher’s Barbecue & Grill, the regional chain that has been targeting a Summerville restaurant for more than year.
The latest, from Facebook:
“We are SOOOO CLOSE to our opening date! We can’t wait to serve your community. Just want to give you all an update: We have taken several applications and hired about half our staff and they have been training in our Calhoun, Ga., location. This process has been much longer than expected but we are finally in our end stages of opening. Thank you all for your patience with us and being so supportive of us. We still have several positions open but our immediate need is a Meat Smoker/Processor(day shift position).”
Krab Kween getting some buzz in Cartersville: Can’t wait for Bucket o’ Shrimp? Try this mobile delight in Cartersville (check Facebook for hours and location this week). Billed as a “seafood and soul joint,” the menu looks tempting. Sample it at Krab Kween.
Dos Bros. Fresh Mexican: They’re saying two to three more months are needed before opening next to Mathis True Value off Shorter and Carter near Midtown Crossing. We’re surprised by the buzz over this one.