Keith D. Mickler, Floyd County Extension Coordinator, shares some tips on helping your plants and trees survive in this scalding hot and mostly dry Northwest Georgia summer. Watering is key – but not nearly as much as you might think His biggest concern isn’t the drought but too much aqua.
- Keith has some key advice for area farmers as well when it comes to applying enough water as the sun evaporates much of what’s in the soil.
- Plus: How to chase those varmints from your home gardens, whether they’re chipmunks or deer (please don’t share with PETA).
- Keith joined Hometown Headlines‘ John Druckenmiller for this podcast at Brand Red Studios, 4 Bale St. off Fifth Avenue in downtown Rome. We thank Todd LaBerge for another round of solid podcast production.
All of our podcasts — interviews and weekday news blasts — are now available for free on nine podcast providers including
Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, Anchor, Google Podcasts, Breaker, Overcast, Tune In and Radio Public.
Google any of them and type in HHPodcast. Once our podcast logo and content pops up, please click the subscribe button.
You’ll then get the first notice each time we produce a newscast or podcast.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR INTERVIEWS & NEWSCASTS
- Our podcasts are now available on nine podcast platforms, including Apple Podcasts. Go to the iTunes store app, search hhpodcast and click subscribe. You’ll be notified each time we update our podcast library. You also can subscribe at Stitcher. Click here. Other subscription options include Spotify, Anchor, Google Podcasts, Breaker, Overcast, Tune In and Radio Public.
- We offer weekday newscasts lasting around eight minutes between 7 and 8 a.m.
- We also offer our familiar interviews but now expanded and free of “static.” Topics include a preview of high school football this fall, an inside look at multimillion-dollar changes at the Floyd County Jail, the origin of Cave Spring’s Independence Day parade, inside the downtown Rome parking debacle and a special “tour” of underground Rome. We’ll have another eight interviews available throughout this month.