- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Another sizzler on the way after Monday’s high got to 100. Still watching Gulf area for potential tropical depression. Weather
- Passenger dies after Explorer overturns on I-75 north near Adairsville Monday evening. Fatality
- Summerville Park neighbors ask City Commission for help — and soon — in bid to stop Sleep Inn at Martha Berry and Charlton. ‘There’s already stuff happening.’ Summerville Park
- Health: A change of pace for Harbin Clinic’s Walk With a Doc in July. Floyd adds workshop for dads-to-be. Health
- Rome Police Maj. Rodney Bailey back public safety leadership training with Israel’s top police executives. Skills he learned will help RPD ‘better serve our great community.’ RPD
- DNR: Holiday saw three boating under the influence arrests in our area; 29 statewide. Boating accidents injured 11, killed two. Safety
- Business: No sales tax holiday in Georgia — but bordering states are all in. Development Authority meets Wednesday morning, Downtown Development on Thursday. Georgia tax collections up 7.4% in June; gas prices rise 6 cents a gallon. Business
- Religion: Morrison Campmeeting’s 151st edition begins Friday; what to know. First Baptist Church in Cave Spring offers ‘In the Wild’ July 15-19. Religion
- Buzz: Floyd County Schools adding online registration this week. Ali Booker named executive director of the Rome Area Council for the Arts. Former Congressman Bob Barr named to Judicial Qualifications Commission. Buzz
- Obituaries: Mrs. Margaret Tate Andrus, 100; Donald Roy Brazeal, Mrs. Benita Faye McClure, Mr. William Jimmie Miller. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Greater Community Bank CrimeWatch: Updates on area arrests, police reports from across Northwest Georgia. Crimewatch
Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports Report: Sports
Rome Braves open six-game road trip tonight in Charleston.
Armuchee High School welcomes back Dr. Don Bettler as boys’ soccer coach.
HHPodcast Interview: Local high school football expert John McClellan breaks down the 2019 season: New coaches, old rivalries and the teams to watch this fall. McClellan
Links to fall football:
-High school schedules.
-Colleges: Berry, Shorter, UGA and Tech.
Subscribe to the Hometown Headlines Podcasts (free)
- In-depth interviews ahead of tomorrow’s headlines: From an insider’s look at the 2019 high school football season to what’s below Broad Street to the real story about downtown parking to needed jail improvements to the origins of a Norman Rockwell-like community parade, our podcast interviews put you into tomorrow’s Rome news today.
- Also due in July: 10 additional interviews with our colleagues at Brand Red Studios in Rome.
- How to listen: Subscribe to our podcasts at Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, Anchor, Google Podcasts, Breaker, Overcast and Radio Public.
- All the radio you need in eight minutes: The Hometown Headlines Newscast posts most weekdays between 7 and 8 a.m. and lasts just long enough for your commute to work — or whenever you want it. To listen, click HHPodcast.