Few people in North Georgia have seen as much high school football as John McClellan. From his earlier journalism career through his years as a broadcast commentator and PA announcer at Rome High and Shorter, McCellan had kept a sharp eye and sharper memory on decades of players, games and stats.
- He joins us to take a nearly 40-minute look at the upcoming high school football season which starts in mid-August.
- McClellan’s weekly high school football column returns to Hometown Headlines on Monday, Aug. 12, through the championship series.
ABOUT OUR INTERVIEWS & NEWSCASTS
- Our podcasts are now available on eight podcast platforms, including Apple Podcasts. Go to the iTunes store app, search hhpodcast and click subscribe. You’ll be notified each time we update our podcast library. You also can subscribe at Stitcher. Click here. Other subscription options include Spotify, Anchor, Google Podcasts, Breaker, Overcast and Radio Public.
- We offer weekday newscasts lasting around eight minutes between 7 and 8 a.m.
- We also offer our familiar interviews but now expanded and free of “static.” Topics include a preview of high school football this fall, an inside look at multimillion-dollar changes at the Floyd County Jail, the origin of Cave Spring’s Independence Day parade, inside the downtown Rome parking debacle and a special “tour” of underground Rome. We’ll have another eight interviews available throughout this month.