- Catching up with Dr. J. Tygar Evans: The principal who helped Rome High earn national recognition once again leads a high school, this time in Tuscaloosa. Tygar Evans
- Dining: Hiring begins at Bucket o Shrimp in East Rome, Popeye’s in West Rome. Plus: Dress for success at Cow Appreciation Day on Tuesday. Dining
- Area veteran who worked with friends in hopes of getting his beloved ‘Frankenstein’ pickup running in his final days, succumbs to pancreatic cancer. But even that didn’t stop efforts to fire up the ’71 Dodge. Remembering Joel
- Tragic holiday weekend on Georgia roads including the death of a wanted man on a stolen motorcycle avoiding police. Fatalities
- HHPodcast Interview: Local high school football expert John McClellan breaks down the 2019 season: New coaches, old rivalries and the teams to watch this fall. High school football
- HHPodcast News: The top headlines from today — and tomorrow — from across Northwest Georgia. Plus: Maybe a rant or two. Listen by subscribing to any of eight podcast providers (including Apple, Stitcher, Spotify and Anchor). Newscast
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: No relief from the heat all week — highs in the mid 90s; thunderstorms possible each day. Weather
- Obituaries: Mr. Glenn G. Bowman, Mr. Johnny A. Parker. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores return Tuesday. Dining
- Greater Community Bank CrimeWatch: Updates on area arrests, police reports from across Northwest Georgia. Crimewatch
Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports Report: Sports
Rome Braves top Asheville Tourists, 4-1; split home series, two games each.
Rome Braves off today, start three-game series in Charleston on Tuesday.
Links to fall football:
-High school schedules.
-Colleges: Berry, Shorter, UGA and Tech.
Subscribe to the Hometown Headlines Podcasts (free)
- In-depth interviews ahead of tomorrow’s headlines: From an insider’s look at the 2019 high school football season to what’s below Broad Street to the real story about downtown parking to needed jail improvements to the origins of a Norman Rockwell-like community parade, our podcast interviews put you into tomorrow’s Rome news today.
- Also due in July: 10 additional interviews with our colleagues at Brand Red Studios in Rome.
- How to listen: Subscribe to our podcasts at Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, Anchor, Google Podcasts, Breaker, Overcast and Radio Public.
- All the radio you need in eight minutes: The Hometown Headlines Newscast posts most weekdays between 7 and 8 a.m. and lasts just long enough for your commute to work — or whenever you want it. To listen, click HHPodcast.