Sizzling summer continues: Nothing but 90s at least into this week. High temperatures so far this week include:
- Today: Forecast high of 90; heat index of 99.
- Saturday: 97. Heat index of 100. Record high: 102.
- Friday: 96. Heat index of 103. Record high: 102 on July 5, 1954.
- Thursday: 97. Heat index topped out at 100. Record: 102 (temperature)
- Wednesday: 95. Record high: 104.
- Tuesday: 97. Heat index hit 100. Record high: 104.
- Monday: 95. Record high: 103.
- Normal high in early July: 89 degrees.
Partly sunny, high near 90. There’s a 60% chance of rain and thunderstorms this afternoon. Scattered to numerous thunderstorms are expected today and into next week with most storms in the afternoon and evening hours. Some strong storms can be expected and isolated severe storms cannot be ruled out.
Sunday: Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 4pm. Patchy fog between 7am and 8am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 90. Heat index values as high as 99. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Sunday Night: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 9pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 72. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Monday: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 94. Northwest wind around 5 mph.
Monday Night: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 2am. Partly cloudy, with a low around 72.
Tuesday: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 8am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 95.
Tuesday Night: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 73.