- Independence Day guide: Parades, parties and pyrotechnics. What’s on tap today and tonight in Northwest Georgia. Independence Day
- Floyd County Sheriff’s Office activates gang unit; first arrests follow jail brawl.
- Jobs: County by county, employment reports for the first five months of 2019 are positive. Plus: Local employers have plenty of additional spots to fill. Jobs
- Business: River City Bank’s Jennifer Selman completes LSU’s Graduate School of Banking; Sarah Greer named assistant vice president. Chamber ‘working toward’ finalizing leadership spot. Business
- Weekend! presented by The Forum River Center: Lots of music Friday and Saturday; Rome Braves’ baseball; and a fried apple pie contest. Weekend
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Your Independence Day forecast includes an hour-by-hour summary, from 8 this morning until 11 tonight. Weather
- Obituaries: Robert Clarence Walker III. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Greater Community Bank CrimeWatch: Updates on area arrests, police reports from across Northwest Georgia. Crimewatch
Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports Report: Sports
Rome Braves win a wild one, 13-11, over Kannapolis.
Rome Braves open home stand tonight vs. Asheville; fireworks set for a few minutes after the last pitch.
-Busy weekend at the ballpark.
Links to fall football:
-High school schedules.
-Colleges: Berry, Shorter, UGA and Tech.
Hometown Headlines daily podcast
- In-depth interviews ahead of tomorrow’s headlines: So far, our interviews revealed bigger issues surrounding downtown parking; what’s below Broad Street; and a slice of Americana — Cave Spring’s Independence Day parade.
- Due in July: 12 new interviews with our colleagues at Brand Red Studios in Rome.
- All the radio you need in eight minutes: The Hometown Headlines Newscast posts most weekdays between 7 and 8 a.m. and lasts just long enough for your commute to work — or whenever you want it. To listen, click HHPodcast.