Business: Missy Kendrick named president of Economic Development for Rome and Floyd County. Included: Audio interview with the new president. Kendrick
Celebrating Independence Day:
- 2019 Patriotic Party at Ridge Ferry Park opens today at noon; fireworks tonight at 9:45. Plus: Independence Day parades, parties and fireworks. Celebrating Independence
- Rome Police: Be ready for extra traffic control on Riverside Parkway especially after Wednesday night’s fireworks at Ridge Ferry. Riverside Parkway
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Heading to Ridge Ferry for the fireworks? Here’s our hour-by-hour forecast through 11 p.m. Plus: Independence Day, Friday. Weather
Additional headlines today:
- Services pending for man killed by gunshot wound in Cedartown on Monday. Update
- HHPodcast News: Today’s headlines, in a broadcast format, perfect for listening while running errands around town. Newscast
- Education: More gold for Georgia Northwestern Technical College’s SkillsUSA team. GNTC
- Buzz: Tickets for Mother’s Finest at Forum River Center go on sale Thursday. Rome sets millage rate hearings starting Monday. Floyd County Public Works: Remote sites closed Independence Day. Buzz
- Calling hours tonight, funeral Friday for Dr. Laurie Johnson. Dr. J
- Obituaries: Mrs. Mirtica “Tica” Ramirez Berry, Mr. Robert Lee Denis III, Mrs. Margaret Anne Ely, Mrs. Temple Lee Cordle Espy, Melissa Roland Ingle, Juanita Toney Keider, Mrs. Mildred Louise Highfield Kelley. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Greater Community Bank CrimeWatch: Updates on area arrests, police reports from across Northwest Georgia. Crimewatch
Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports Report: Sports
Berry basketball star signs professional basketball deal with team in Israel.
Rome Brave in rematch tonight with Kannapolis.
-Return home Thursday vs. Asheville; with post-game fireworks.
Links to fall football:
-High school schedules.
-Colleges: Berry, Shorter, UGA and Tech.
Hometown Headlines daily podcast
- In-depth interviews ahead of tomorrow’s headlines: So far, our interviews revealed bigger issues surrounding downtown parking; what’s below Broad Street; and a slice of Americana — Cave Spring’s Independence Day parade.
- Due in July: 12 new interviews with our colleagues at Brand Red Studios in Rome.
- All the radio you need in eight minutes: The Hometown Headlines Newscast posts most weekdays between 7 and 8 a.m. and lasts just long enough for your commute to work — or whenever you want it. To listen, click HHPodcast.