- Business: Missy Kendrick named president of Economic Development for Rome and Floyd County. Included: Audio interview with the new president. President
- Updates from the Floyd County and Bartow County jails.
- Summerville Park residents expand fight to prevent Sleep Inn from being built on Martha Berry at Charlton Street. Summerville Park
- Investigation continues into fatal shooting in Cedartown on Monday. Updates
- Dr. Laurie Johnson, known for her counseling and coaching service as well as her Saturday morning show on WLAQ, has died. Dr. Laurie
- Business: Nearly $2.4 million deal for Redmond Plaza in Cedartown. Also: Update on Etowah Crossing in Rome. Real estate
- HHPodcast Interview: With 675 inmates — some with drug, mental concerns, the Floyd County Jail is changing. Sheriff Tim Burkhalter and Chief Deputy Tommy McGuire talk safety, training, a new 60-bed medical wing and what’s ahead. Jail interview
- Health: Harbin Clinic names Sarah Tuck as the senior director of marketing. Health
- Joe Montgomery named special agent in charge of the GBI Region 1 Field Office in Calhoun. GBI
- Celebrating Independence: Coke, Parks & Rec fire up the holiday at Ridge Ferry on Wednesday. Plus what’s ahead in Cave Spring, Cartersville and at the Rome Braves. Independence Day
- HHPodcast News: Our broadcast edition for those on the go; an easy “play” on the commute from home to the office. Newscast
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Nothing but mid 90s through Friday with thunderstorms possible Independence Day, Friday. Weather
- Obituaries: Mrs. Sarah Elizabeth Dorsett, Mr. James Harold Hillis Jr., Jane Holsonback Mathis, Gary Wayne Moon, Mrs. Debra Campbell Seifert, Mr. Charles Richard “Snook” Smith. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Greater Community Bank CrimeWatch: Updates on area arrests, police reports from across Northwest Georgia. Crimewatch
Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports Report: Sports
The Rome Braves drop opener in Kannapolis, 1-0; rematch tonight.
-Home with fireworks on Thursday; first pitch, 7 p.m.
-Braden Shewmake named South Atlantic League Player of the Week.
Cedartown 5K Road Race is this evening.
Links to fall football:
-High school schedules.
-Colleges: Berry, Shorter, UGA and Tech.
Hometown Headlines daily podcast
- In-depth interviews ahead of tomorrow’s headlines: So far, our interviews revealed bigger issues surrounding downtown parking; what’s below Broad Street; and a slice of Americana — Cave Spring’s Independence Day parade.
- Due in July: 12 new interviews with our colleagues at Brand Red Studios in Rome.
- All the radio you need in eight minutes: The Hometown Headlines Newscast posts most weekdays between 7 and 8 a.m. and lasts just long enough for your commute to work — or whenever you want it. To listen, click HHPodcast.