- Dining: Constant growth since opening four years ago this month has Doug’s Deli Downtown searching for a second spot, perhaps in Cartersville or Calhoun. Doug’s Deli Downtown / updated link
- Business: Almost a year to the day after closing in East Rome, ground work well under way for Little Caesar’s off Turner McCall. Pizza pizza
- Business: Development authority close to hiring industrial recruiter? Yanmar adding ASV Holdings Inc., a manufacturer of compact tracked loaders and skid-steer loaders. Business
- Celebrating Independence: Coke, Parks & Rec fire up the holiday at Ridge Ferry on Wednesday. Plus what’s ahead in Cave Spring, Cartersville and at the Rome Braves. Independence Day
- Holiday traffic: State patrol urges caution, focus when over the Independence Day weekend. DOT halting construction during the break. Latest gas prices. Caution
- HHPodcast News: 4 years of growth, success for Doug’s Deli Downtown. A year after closing, work under way on East Rome pizza shop. Independence Day updates. Commentary: A farewell to a friend. Monday
- Hometown Headlines’ Podcasts: Our interviews on bigger issues revealed by downtown parking; what’s below Broad Street; and a slice of Americana — Cave Spring’s Independence Day parade. Due in July: 12 new interviews. Interviews
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Heat index of 100 today; actual high Tuesday: 97. Thunderstorms possible later in the week. Weather
- Obituaries: Mrs. Sarah Michelle White Baird, Mr. Otis Daniel. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores return Tuesday morning. Dining
- Greater Community Bank CrimeWatch: Updates on area arrests, police reports from across Northwest Georgia. Crimewatch
Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports Report: Sports
That’s a four-game sweep over the Greenville Drive by the Rome Braves, thanks to Sunday’s 6-3 win.
Braves in Kannapolis tonight-Wednesday; home Thursday with post-game fireworks to follow.
‘Dead Week’ here for high school athletes. Updated community sports calendar.
Links to fall football:
-High school schedules.
-Colleges: Berry, Shorter, UGA and Tech.
Hometown Headlines daily podcast
- In-depth interviews ahead of tomorrow’s headlines: So far, our interviews revealed bigger issues surrounding downtown parking; what’s below Broad Street; and a slice of Americana — Cave Spring’s Independence Day parade.
- Due in July: 12 new interviews with our colleagues at Brand Red Studios in Rome.
- All the radio you need in eight minutes: The Hometown Headlines Newscast posts most weekdays between 7 and 8 a.m. and lasts just long enough for your commute to work — or whenever you want it. To listen, click HHPodcast.