- Trump crosses demilitarized zone to become first sitting president in North Korea; meets with Kim Jong Un.
- Updates from the Floyd County and Bartow County jails.
- Reports: Silver Creek man dies in rollover accident in Northeast Alabama; Chattooga County accident claims another life. Fatalities
- Armuchee High students and staff come together to transform school with positive, inspirational messages. Project to continue into upcoming school year. Armuchee
- Weekend! presented by The Forum River Center: Final weekend of Fantasticks, plus getting outdoors. A look ahead to next weekend’s downtown concert, Braves games. Weekend
- Independence Day: Photos from Lindale parade, wreath laying ceremony. July 3: Coke, Parks & Rec fire up the holiday at Ridge Ferry. Independence Day: Cave Spring parade, Cartersville, Rome Braves. Also: Podcast on Cave Spring parade. Independence Day
- Hometown Headlines’ Podcasts: Our interviews on bigger issues revealed by downtown parking; what’s below Broad Street; and a slice of Americana — Cave Spring’s Independence Day parade. Due in July: 12 new interviews. Interviews
- Buzz: New student registration for Floyd Schools begins July 9. Rome-Floyd Development Authority calls meeting Tuesday. GNTC students place at national SkillsUSA competition. Buzz
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Partly sunny, 30% chance of showers today. It will be a hot week to celebrate Independence Day, temps in upper 90s. Forecast
- Obituaries: Billy Clarence Gore, Sr., Mrs. Paulette Patricia Jordan and Mrs. Hazel Bennett Davis Mull. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Greater Community Bank CrimeWatch: Updates on area arrests, police reports from across Northwest Georgia. Crimewatch
- Hardy Realty’s open house gallery for Sunday: Your first look at a real Southern charmer in Euharlee for $296,900. Open House
Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports Report: Sports
Rome Braves get another win in Greenville, 7-6 on Saturday.
Up next: In Greenville today at 3:05 p.m. Up next: Kannapolis, Monday-Wednesday, all at 7:05 p.m. Braves return home July 4.
Links to fall football:
-Corky Kell Classic returns to Barron Stadium on Aug. 22.
-High school schedules.
-Local colleges; UGA and Tech.
Hometown Headlines daily podcast
Looking for a free, easy and unfiltered way to get your broadcast news when you want it? Let us help you “cut the antenna.” Join us for the Hometown Headlines Daily Podcast, weekdays posting between 7 and 8 a.m. and lasting around eight minutes. To listen, simply click HHPodcast.
Each episode features “the fastest 90 seconds of news in the nation,” local sports and weather, Peak & Valleys (the highs and lows of Northwest Georgia), what’s on the day’s news radar (ahead of the headlines) plus some rants, weekday observations and Hometown Heroes.
We’ll even text you when the podcasts are hot and ready: please type HHpodcasts and text 313131.
How about more depth on today’s issues and community updates? Longer form podcasts are here. You’ll find our first one, “Downtown Parking: Problems and Promise,” by clicking Parking.
To advertise on the podcasts: