- Rome Police: Polk County man, 21, was shot twice near Hardy Avenue; listed in stable condition. Investigation continues. Shooting
- Man dies in second fatal accident in Rome this week. Accident
- Business: We Care Thrift Store opens Rome location. Brewed on Broad: Nearly 12,000 cans of craft beer packaged, shipped from downtown in one day. Business
- Weekend! presented by The Forum River Center: Rome for the Rescues, Georgia’s Dream Night Talent Search, RSO conjures up ‘Harry Potter,’ RLT awards, Michael Allman in Cartersville — and what’s outdoors. Weekend
- Health: This Saturday, ‘Walk With a Doc’ who shed 100 pounds by putting one foot in front of the other (and a few other simple steps). Floyd adds ‘Save My Spot’ to make urgent care visits more convenient. Health
- Hometown Headlines Podcast for Thursday: Local news and views including some “rabid fire” observations. Click
- Truist Bank the name of merging SunTrust, BB&T. It was selected via ‘rigorous, data-driven brand development process (that) prioritized input’ from employees, clients. Merger
- Education: Berry selected for Humanities Research for the Public Good initiative; focus will be Civil Rights Movement in Rome using collections in the college archives. Public good
- Peace out: Bill Peace, with more than 40 years combined experience as a first responder, signs off. Bill Peace
- Buzz: Meet the graduates of Focus on Floyd 101. Bartow announces road closure to pave way for round-a-bout. Free legal help Friday. Buzz
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: ‘Cool snap’ ending as upper 80s return for the weekend. Rain back Sunday as well. Weather
- Obituaries: Mr. Mayfield Barnett, Dalton Parker Bohanan, Mr. Joseph “Wayne” Cochran. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Area arrest reports for Floyd, Bartow, Polk counties. Crimewatch
- Law enforcement/special needs resident: Calhoun Police offers proactive step to help families of those with mental or physical impairments. Floyd Police offer help to non-verbal/autism/dementia persons. Updates
Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports Report: Sports
Rome Braves win, 3-2, to take Wednesday game and series from Charleston Riverdogs.
-Next: Four games starting tonight in Augusta followed by All-Star break.
Football 2019: Links to …
- Area high school schedules.
- Berry College.
- Shorter University.
- Georgia Bulldogs.
- Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets.
Hometown Headlines daily podcast
Looking for a free, easy and unfiltered way to get your broadcast news when you want it? Let us help you “cut the antenna.” Join us for the Hometown Headlines Daily Podcast, weekdays posting between 7 and 8 a.m. and lasting around eight minutes. To listen, simply click HHPodcast.
Each episode features “the fastest 90 seconds of news in the nation,” local sports and weather, Peak & Valleys (the highs and lows of Northwest Georgia), what’s on the day’s news radar (ahead of the headlines) plus some rants, weekday observations and Hometown Heroes.
We’ll even text you when the podcasts are hot and ready: please type HHpodcasts and text 313131.
How about more depth on today’s issues and community updates? Longer form podcasts are here. You’ll find our first one, “Downtown Parking: Problems and Promise,” by clicking Parking.
To advertise on the podcasts: