Practically live from Studio 1A:
- Business: More than $10 million in major projects under way or permitted in Rome/Floyd County. Plus a new Taco Bell coming to Resaca; Cartersville Speedway has big debut. Business
- After waiting three weeks, scramble under way to fix 45 out-of-date parking signs in downtown Rome. Extra hour, shorter enforcement in effect since May 20. Parking
- Buzz: ‘Rock, Roll & Rescue’ at The Vogue Friday, benefits animal welfare. Main Street Elementary open house, ribbon cutting Aug. 1. Buzz
- Media: Awards time for area radio and Berry’s Viking Fusion. Plus: YouTube report on our talk with ‘Community Watch’ on the launch of Hometown Headlines Podcast. Media
- Today’s local sports updates.
- Peaks & Valleys: The highs and lows of Northwest Georgia.
- Midweek observations: A rant about letting kids enjoy summer — at least a week of it — amid drills, practices, scrimmages, book reports and math assignments.
Just added: The audio edition of our interview with Dr. Jon Hershey on this week’s Community Watch. Click the item above for the 30-minute interview.
Hometown Headlines daily podcast
Looking for a free, easy and unfiltered way to get your broadcast news when you want it? Let us help you “cut the antenna.” Join us for the Hometown Headlines Daily Podcast, weekdays posting between 7 and 8 a.m. and lasting around eight minutes. To listen, simply click HHPodcast.
Each episode features “the fastest 90 seconds of news in the nation,” local sports and weather, Peak & Valleys (the highs and lows of Northwest Georgia), what’s on the day’s news radar (ahead of the headlines) plus some rants, weekday observations and Hometown Heroes.
We’ll even text you when the podcasts are hot and ready: please type HHpodcasts and text 313131.
How about more depth on today’s issues and community updates? Longer form podcasts are here. You’ll find our first one, “Downtown Parking: Problems and Promise,” by clicking Parking.
To advertise on the podcasts: