- Done deal: Three free hours of parking in downtown Rome Monday-Saturday; 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. enforcement. What’s next: Fixing Downtown Development, city government disconnect. Parking
- Both drivers in fatal accident at Second Avenue and East 12th Street early Saturday charged with driving under influence; police say Rockmart woman was at fault. Update
- Cedartown Police: Two Floyd County teens jailed, third sought in May 21 drive-by shooting that injured 18-year-old man. Arrests
- Hometown Headlines News Podcast for Tuesday. Around eight minutes of news, views and comments from across our region. Podcast
- Education: Pearson named director of the Berry Center for Integrity in Leadership. Model High’s Barton Sopata joining ranks of gifted musicians at Boston University Tanglewood Institute this summer. Education
- Buzz: Part of Morrison Campground Road closed through Thursday per Colonial Pipeline work. Downtown chariot adds Friday lunch hour service. Buzz
- Obituaries: Mr. Mayfield Barnett, Mrs. Doris Jean Cantrell, Billy Frank Fuqua, Mr. Thomas Elwood Hunt, Ms. Pauline Walraven. Obituaries
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Low 80s today, upper 70s on Wednesday (it won’t last but . . . ) Weather
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Area arrest reports for Floyd, Bartow, Polk counties. Crimewatch
Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports Report: Sports
Atlanta pitcher Dallas Keuchel, here for a tune-up, puts on a show for Rome Braves’ fans.
Photo gallery of Keuchel, big night at State Mutual Stadium from Mills Fitzner.
Rome Braves end eight-game skid, win 1-0.
Rematch with Riverdogs tonight at 7 at State Mutual Stadium.
Football 2019: Links to …
- Area high school schedules.
- Berry College.
- Shorter University.
- Georgia Bulldogs.
- Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets.
Hometown Headlines daily podcast
Looking for a free, easy and unfiltered way to get your broadcast news when you want it? Let us help you “cut the antenna.” Join us for the Hometown Headlines Daily Podcast, weekdays posting between 7 and 8 a.m. and lasting around eight minutes. To listen, simply click HHPodcast.
Each episode features “the fastest 90 seconds of news in the nation,” local sports and weather, Peak & Valleys (the highs and lows of Northwest Georgia), what’s on the day’s news radar (ahead of the headlines) plus some rants, weekday observations and Hometown Heroes.
We’ll even text you when the podcasts are hot and ready: please type HHpodcasts and text 313131.
How about more depth on today’s issues and community updates? Longer form podcasts are here. You’ll find our first one, “Downtown Parking: Problems and Promise,” by clicking Parking.
To advertise on the podcasts: