- Dining: Stacy’s Chicken Salad Chick looks to open in late August, bringing a ‘unique experience’ for guests to founder’s new restaurant. Coming soon
- A fresh slice of downtown: From biscuits, bread and produce to craft beer and Mangover burgers to riverside concerts, there’s a new buzz in Rome. New & improved
- PopUp Shop’s ‘piemagedon’ is Tuesday as Gainesville-based baker comes to town. They’ve already presold 300 pies?! Also this week: Free gelato scoop Wednesday afternoon at Honeymoon Bakery. Buzz
- Update on Mill Street blues: Transformer work to again leave Cave Spring in the dark from midnight until 3 a.m. Tuesday. Cave Spring
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: A bit cooler start to the week with rain still in the forecast. Weather
- Hometown Headlines Podcast for Monday: August opening for Chicken Salad Chick (with drive through). A different slice of downtown. Pop-up pie shop (bring $$). Plus: Peaks & Valleys, rant of the day. Listen here.
- No additional obituaries from Sunday.
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores return Tuesday morning. Dining
- Area arrest reports for Floyd, Bartow, Polk counties. Crimewatch
Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports Report: Sports
Rome Braves lose eighth straight, 7-5 in sweep by Lexington in extra innings. Riverdogs in town tonight.
Tonight: Former Cy Young Award winner Dallas Keuchel is scheduled to start for the Rome Braves.
Football 2019: Links to …
- Area high school schedules.
- Berry College.
- Shorter University.
- Georgia Bulldogs.
- Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets.
Hometown Headlines daily podcast
Looking for a free, easy and unfiltered way to get your broadcast news when you want it? Let us help you “cut the antenna.” Join us for the Hometown Headlines Daily Podcast, weekdays posting between 7 and 8 a.m. and lasting around eight minutes. To listen, simply click HHPodcast.
Each episode features “the fastest 90 seconds of news in the nation,” local sports and weather, Peak & Valleys (the highs and lows of Northwest Georgia), what’s on the day’s news radar (ahead of the headlines) plus some rants, weekday observations and Hometown Heroes.
We’ll even text you when the podcasts are hot and ready: please type HHpodcasts and text 313131.
How about more depth on today’s issues and community updates? Longer form podcasts are here. You’ll find our first one, “Downtown Parking: Problems and Promise,” by clicking Parking.
To advertise on the podcasts: