- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Scattered to numerous thunderstorms, rain due all weekend. Up to one inch expected today, more Sunday. Forecast
- Business: Soil, foundation testing under way for The District next to new Courtyard off West Third Street. The District
- City Commission agenda for Monday includes second reading of parking revisions; at least one speaker on the subject. Parking
- Hometown’s first in-depth podcast: Jay Shell, Harry Brock discuss Broad Street parking, fixing downtown’s business downturn, Monday’s critical commission vote and why they hate parking meters. Podcast
- Two Rome residents among eight arrested in drug task force raid in Chattooga County. Arrests
- Weekend! presented by the Forum River Center: Rockfest rockin’ Tellus Science Museum Saturday, Sunday. Rome Braves home stand all weekend. Arts Festival in Cave Spring. Lots of free music. Farmers market schedules. Weekend
- Buzz: Big honors for Exchange Club. Berry College Student Enterprises’ summer market set for July 20. Cartersville chamber hosts blood drive Wednesday. State tax revenue up 0.1% in May. Buzz
- Education: Honors for area students nominated to the U.S. military academies. Link to Darlington’s top students. Cass High senior earns statewide poetry honor. Education
- Obituaries: Mrs. Sandy Hope Barrett, Mr. Hulyn Eugene Kight, Mr. Charles Edwin Maxwell and Mrs. Brenda Ware. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Area arrest reports for Floyd, Bartow, Polk counties. Crimewatch
Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports Report: Sports
Rome Braves’ losing streak hits six games as Legends win, 7-2.
Rome Braves continue home stand with Lexington tonight at 6 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m.
The annual Atlanta Braves Tryout Camp at State Mutual Stadium is scheduled for Monday, June 17.
Community sports updates.
Soft launch of Hometown Headlines daily podcast
Our soft launch of a weekday news-and-views podcast continues. The free audio updates will be available between 7 and 8 a.m., lasting less than 10 minutes.
Each episode goes beyond the day’s news reports available on Hometown Headlines’ website and social media. Also included: Some views (OK, rants) on key local subjects.
The podcasts will be posted on our website and also available via text alert. To subscribe, please type HHpodcasts and text 313131.
Longer form podcasts will be joining Hometown in the next few weeks.