- Sleep Inn proposed for Martha Berry near Summerville Park drawing concerns from nearby residents. Hotel
- Business: Three Rivers Nutrition opens off Spider Webb in Rome. Later day: Major business announced expected. Business
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: ‘Weekend Washout’ actually we start later this evening; 3 to 4 inches due here through Sunday. Weather
- Remembering D-Day, June 6, 1944: Special luncheon today in Summerville; ‘The Longest Day’ to be shown at Rome City Auditorium. D-Day
- Weekend! presented by the Forum River Center: Rockfest rockin’ Tellus Science Museum Saturday, Sunday. Rome Braves open seven-game home stand tonight. Lots of free music. Plus farmers markets return. Weekend
- Georgia Northwestern Technical College presents President’s, Dean’s lists for the 2019 spring semester. Education
- Buzz: One Community United meetings tonight, Saturday. Shriners car show is June 15. Chieftains, RACA behind Warriors of AniKituhwa performance, book auction at library. Buzz
- Obituaries: Jeffrey Wayne Penson II, Vernon Ray Walters. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Area arrest reports for Floyd, Bartow, Polk counties. Crimewatch
Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports Report: Sports
Rome Braves open seven-game home stand tonight. First up: Lexington.
- Latest on the Braves at Columbia. Rainout Wednesday night.
Berry College’s Dylan Beasley became the first Viking in the team’s NCAA Division III era to be drafted in the Major League Baseball First Year Player Draft.
Latest community sports news; deadline nears for men’s basketball signups.
Soft launch of Hometown Headlines daily podcast
Our soft launch of a weekday news-and-views podcast continues. The free audio updates will be available between 7 and 8 a.m., lasting less than 10 minutes.
Each episode goes beyond the day’s news reports available on Hometown Headlines’ website and social media. Also included: Some views (OK, rants) on key local subjects.
The podcasts will be posted on our website and also available via text alert. To subscribe, please type HHpodcasts and text 313131.
Longer form podcasts will be joining Hometown in the next few weeks.