The YMCA and Action Ministries is in need of volunteers to help on Friday mornings this summer starting next Friday, June 7 to deliver “Backpack Buddies” to outreach food sites. The program runs through Friday, July 26. Volunteers can help on one or more Fridays as available. The backpacks are filled with child-friendly shelf-stable foods to be delivered to several of the YMCA’s outreach summer feeding sites. The backpacks provide food for the children to eat over the weekend when the Y does not serve lunch.
- Volunteers need to be available between 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. for pick-up and delivery of backpacks.
- Volunteers must be able to lift boxes that are 10-15 lbs.
- Volunteers must at least 21 years old and have their own vehicles.
- Volunteers can help on just one Friday or multiple Fridays. Having two volunteers work together is ideal.
- Volunteers will deliver to one of the YMCA feeding sites listed above.
If you are able to help this summer, email Stephanie McElhone at email@example.com.