Busy summer ahead at The Forum River Center. Details @ forumrivercenter.com
- Rome Braves host the Columbia Fireflies 2 p.m. Sunday at State Mutual Stadium.
Check here if you’re planning a day on the water:
- River Ratz Tubing & Kayak: 706-728-4160. From Facebook: River Ratz is open this weekend.
- Euharlee Creek Outfitters: 770-607-1846.
Local river levels
- Etowah River near Dixon Landing/Grizzard Park off the Bypass: Latest report
- Oostanaula River at Turner McCall near Riverside Parkway: Latest report
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers information hot line: Call for the water release schedule — 706-334-7213
What’s ahead for Memorial Day weekend, May 24-26
Memorial Day Event at the Coosa Valley Fairgrounds on Sunday and Monday presented by The Exchange Club of Rome. On Sunday, May 26, there will be displays of military history from 12-5 p.m. On Monday, May 27, displays will be open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. There will be a special Memorial Day Ceremony from 11 a.m.-12:15 p.m. at the Palladium Building with special guest Col. Mark Viney, Chief of Field Service Division, U.S. Army at Fort Knox, KY.
Finster Fest returns to Paradise Garden in Summer on May 25-26 from 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Sixty-plus artists, with booths dotting Howard Finster’s folk art environment, plus extensive live music, children’s art-making area, barbecue other great food and drink are on tap with a $5 admission at the gate. Dozens of artists, painters, potters and other crafts people are due. Book talk in the Paradise Garden Visitors Center will feature Jim Auchmutey, author of “Smokelore: A Short History of Barbecue in America,” at 2:30 p.m. Saturday; he’ll sign copies of his new book from University of Georgia Press throughout Saturday. Live music performance throughout the festival with local and regional bands. For more
The 37th annual Armuchee Bluegrass Festival returns May 23-May 26 at the Armuchee Music Park, 899 Turkey Mountain Road. Festivities begin Thursday with a Jam-A-Long and cookout at 6 p.m., music Friday beginning at 4:45 p.m. and Saturday beginning at 10:45 a.m. Three-day pass is $21 or $10 for Friday and $12 for Saturday. There will be a Sunday Worship Service at 9:30 a.m. with guest Gary Clardy. Details