The vacant outparcel in front of Mount Berry Mall at 2730 Martha Berry Highway, the former home of Buchanan’s Sports Bar, will be on the auction block in June. Dempsey Auction Company will be auctioning the 8,600 square foot, free-standing building that has been vacant since the March 2016 closing of the sports bar which was only open about six months. The building has been vacant off and on for more than a decade. It was also the home of Treasure Island Pizza (and fun zone) years ago.
“This is a great multi-use building with an open floor plan that is in a great location. I think being in close proximity to the mall, the Rome Bypass and the Rome Tennis Center (at Berry College) are all attributes,” says Lou Dempsey with Dempsey Auction Company.
The auction will be June 6 at 10 a.m. on site. Dempsey is working in conjunction with Andy Kight of Toles,Temple and Wright, who most recently had the property listed for $475,000. About the property from Dempsey Auction:
- This 8600 +/- sq ft, free-standing, masonry building features massive glass front with awning, entrance foyer, massive open work/retail space, men’s and women’s restrooms, mechanical room and office.
- Notable features include updated HVAC system, 2 yr old roof and sprinkler system/fire protection throughout.
- 1.12 ac Paved and Lighted lot.
- All utilities are available
- The Property is Zoned CC (Community Commercial)
- This Commercial Property boasts frontage on 3 access roads with easy access to Martha Berry Hwy and Three Mile Rd.
Dempsey Auction Co. has another property under contract. The old Masters Antique shop at 241 Broad St. (between Top Hat Formal Wear and Crawdaddy’s Seafood Grill) is now under contract for $308,000 after it was auctioned on May 16. No details yet on the buyer and their plans for the property.
Last week’s auction also included 110/112 Broad St., a vacant building that was renovated over two years ago for a wood-fired pizza restaurant that never opened in the Cotton Block. Dempsey says his company is still in negotiations on the sale of this building.