A suspect wanted in a Jan. 6 shooting on Dodd Boulevard that left one man hospitalized is in the Floyd County Jail this morning.
Arrest records show Derricus Jamar Wade, 29, was arrested Thursday on the following charges:
- Two counts of purchase, possession, manufacture,distribution or sale of marijuana.
- Possession of drug-related objects.
- Theft by receiving stolen property.
- Possession of a firearm or knife during the commission or attempted commission of a felony.
- Parole violation
- Possession of firearm by convicted felon
- Aggravated assault.
About the shooting: Rome Police say that on Sunday, Jan. 6, at about 12:45 p.m., officers responded to a reported shooting at 131 Dodd Blvd. On arrival, officers found Dakota Alan Malone shot twice in the back. Malone was transported to a local hospital for the injuries. The investigation led to warrants being issued for Derricus Jamar Wade, charging him with aggravated assault in reference to the shooting of Dakota Allen Malone.