Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
GIRLS First Round Games: Bracket links are in each classification; just click Class 5A for the bracket.
- Rome at Maynard Jackson, 6 p.m.
- Cass at Riverwood, 6 p.m.
- Cedartown at Madison County, 6 p.m.
- Cherokee Bluff at Sonoraville, 7 p.m.
- Washington at Rockmart, 6 p.m.
- Therrell at Chattooga, 6 p.m.
- Model at KIPP Atlanta Charter, 6 p.m.
- Gordon Central at Douglass, 5:30 p.m.
- Darlington will host Galloway, 6 p.m.
- Trion will travel to Pelham, 6 p.m.
- Unity Christian drew a bye in the first round and will play Georgia Christian School at 4 p.m. Friday at Brewton-Parker College.
BOYS First Round Games
- Rome at Riverwood, 8 p.m.
- Madison County at Cartersville, 7 p.m. Friday, at The Storm Center.
- Cedartown at St. Pius X, 7:30 p.m.
- East Hall at Calhoun, 6 p.m. Saturday
- Hapeville at Rockmart, 7:30 p.m.
- Douglass at Chattooga, 6 p.m.
- Model at Therrell: 7:30 p.m. Friday.
- Coosa at South Atlanta, 6:30 p.m.
- Darlington boys will host Hebron Christian.
- Unity Christian beat David Emanuel Academy 60-50 Tuesday night in the first round of the GICAA boys state basketball tournament. UCS will play Highland Christian Academy Saturday at 11 a.m. at Brewton Parker College in the quarterfinals.
- Lady Chargers: The Lady Chargers (17-10, 14-2 ) in GCAA play return to action on Saturday as they travel to Albany Tech tip off 2 p.m.
- Chargers: The Chargers travel to Waycross on Wednesday as they take on South Georgia State.
- The Bobcats head to Carrollton on Saturday to take on West Georgia Tech at 2 p.m. and both the Bobcats and Lady Bobcats will close out the regular season at home on Feb. 19 with a doubleheader. The Lady Bobcats will face Dalton State’s club team at 6 p.m., followed by the Bobcats’ game with the Hiwassee College JV squad at 7:30.
- Early registration discount: YMCA Members $79, Non Members $119. A $10 regular registration increase applies after Feb. 26.Cost includes jersey, end of season award and pizza party as well as Georgia Soccer Association registration. For more: facebook.com/YMCARomeSoccer
Rome-Floyd Sports Hall of Fame inductees for 2019 are Renny Bryner, Sally Echols, Dr. Gary Graves, Jonathan Kilgo, David Mathis. Banquet is Feb. 25. Hall of Fame
March 16: The Harbin Clinic Leprechaun-a-thon returns. Harbin Clinic once again is teaming with Rome-Floyd Parks and Recreation and Parker Systems for the event, which is the largest 5K race in Northwest Georgia, featuring all the fun and festivities of the previous eight years rolled into one giant, green gala. Race day festivities kick off with the costume contest at 6:30 p.m. The 5K race, featuring a mostly flat and fast course, begins at 7:30 p.m. with the walk starting a few minutes after at 7:40 p.m. Event registration is open. Preregistration costs $25 for the 5K and $20 for the walk. Kids age 12 and under and groups of 10 or more athletes can register for $20 by visiting the parks and rec administration office at 1 Shorter Ave. For more.
- Half price registration this week for Leprechaun-a-thon. “Attention all who are feeling lucky… half off week is here! Sign up this week only for a fifty percent discount to run or walk the 2019 Harbin Clinic Leprechaun-a-thon on March 16th. The cost is $12.50 to run and $10 to walk this week only.” For more.