Spring break continues: After a record-setting 73 in Cartersville and 76 in Rome on Tuesday, look for the low 70s again today and perhaps another record Thursday. Winter returns Friday.
About those records:
- It was 71 degrees in 1991, the previous record.
- We normally see highs around 56.
- The record low of Feb. 5: 1 degree in 1996.
- It was 75 degrees on Feb. 5, 1927.
- We normally have highs in the mid 50s this time of year.
- Record cold for Feb. 5? 5 degrees in 1996.
Severe Weather Awareness Week: Each day focuses on a different severe weather threat faced by Georgians. All of the following days focus on a different threat and how to prepare.
- Wednesday – Tornado Safetyand PrepareAthon! For Tornado Safety
- Thursday – Lightning Safety
- Friday – Flood Safety
Wednesday: A 40 percent chance of showers, mainly before 2pm. Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 72. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
Wednesday Night: Cloudy, with a low around 61. South wind around 5 mph.
Thursday: Partly sunny, with a high near 78. South wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
Thursday Night: Showers likely, mainly after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 47. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Friday: A 30 percent chance of showers before 1pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 49.
Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29.