- Exceptional student performance for two consecutive years.
- Closing the achievement gap between student groups.
- Excellence in serving special populations of students (e.g., homeless, migrant, English learners, etc.)
“I am so proud that our amazing students, families, and faculty and staff are receiving this well-deserved recognition,” said West End’s Principal Dr. Dennis Drummond, who also commended former principal Buffi Murphy and the school system. “I am blessed with the privilege of seeing the outstanding teaching and learning that takes place at West End on a daily basis, and I appreciate all of the extra hours our teachers spend in preparation and professional learning.”
Schools named are invited to participate in a conference in Kansas City running from Jan. 20 through Feb. 2. West End Elementary is invited to send a team of representatives to the conference who will detail their programs to other school in the nation and also hear about efforts other nominees are using across the country to better educate their students.
Upcoming One Community United meetings. All are welcome:
- Thursday, 5:30 p.m., Middle Eastern Grill, Broad Street. Terri Morgan and David Guldenschuh, facilitators.
- Saturday, 9 a.m., Troy’s Barbecue, Five Points, Rick Stevenson, facilitator.
- Dec. 11, 7:30 a.m., Troy’s Barbecue, Five Points, Dr. Jon Hershey, facilitator.
- For more: Website