Tickets on sale for Saturday’s Berry Vikings vs. Maryville in round one of the NCAA Division III football playoffs kicking off a noon Saturday. Ticket prices will be $10 for adults, $5 for students with student identification, children under 12 and seniors. Children 2 years of age and younger are free. Tickets are available at the Krannert Center now through Friday or at the gate beginning at 10 a.m. Saturday.
HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL
- Rome High pep rally tonight at 6, Barron Stadium. Open to all.
Second round playoffs Friday night:
- Rockmart will host Bremen.
- Chattooga at Rabun Co.
Class 3A: Calhoun will host Lovett.
Class 4A: Cartersville will host Ridgeland.
Class 5A: Rome will host Cedar Shoals, Friday at 7:30 p.m. Tickets: $10 Pep Rally on Thursday, 6 p.m., Barron Stadium.
- Darlington will host Aquinas.
- Trion at Schley Co.
- Unity Christian School’s Middle School Football Team hosts state championship game set for Friday. 5:30 p.m. at Shorter University (on the field on campus). The Lions will be playing Cherokee Christian School for the state title. Admission is $8 for adults and $5 for students since it is a GICAA-sanctioned event. Only GICAA Coaches Passes will be accepted.
- Georgia Middle School Athletic Association championship games Saturday at East Paulding High School: Rome 6th Grade will play Cambridge at 11 a.m.; Rome 7th Grade will play East Paulding at 3:30 p.m.
- The Lady Chargers opened the game on a 10-0 run and never looked back to take the 78-42 conference win over Southern Crescent Tech.
Harbin Clinic Turkey Trot 5K and Health Wobble benefiting United Way of Bartow County is Saturday. The long-running event adds Harbin Clinic as the title sponsor this year but keeps the same great course encircling Sam Smith Park and also serves as a qualifier for the Peachtree Road Race. Along with the 5K race, which starts at 9 a.m., the event will have a pre-race costume contest and a two-mile health wobble. The wobble is a two-mile, non-timed walk. “Harbin Clinic is excited to become a part of this Cartersville tradition and be able to help put a focus on health and wellness in Bartow County while also supporting the many great things the Bartow County United Way does in the community,” Harbin Clinic CEO Kenna Stock says. Wire2Wire Running will provide timing and results. Registration for the 5K is $25 and $20 for the health wobble, and people can sign up at Active.com. Race-day registration for the 5K is $35 and $25 for the wobble. Packet pick up will be on Friday, Nov. 16, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the lobby of the United Way, 320 W. Cherokee Ave. Register for the Race
- Former Model High and Berry College standout Michelle Abernathy Lane will be the guest speaker the 2018 GoGo Running All-Area Cross Country Banquet to be held Thursday, Dec. 6, at 6 p.m., in the Krannert Ballroom at Berry College. After earning multiple All-State honors in track and cross country at Model, Michelle added to her lists of accomplishments at Berry where she became an NAIA National Champion in the marathon and a 12-time NAIA All-American in cross country and track. She still holds three Berry school records in the 3,000 meters (10:01), the 5,000 (17:10) and the 10,000 (35:58.)