October saw a 25 percent jump in home sales by members of the Greater Rome Board of Realtors vs. the same month last year.
The latest market snapshot shows 110 homes closed in October, one of the busiest months of 2018. Some other indicators of note:
Average sales price: $161,188, up 7.6 percent from October 2017.
121 new listings last month, up 16.3 percent.
Overall active listings dropped 8.1 percent to 353.
Between January and October, Greater Rome Realtors sold 967 homes or almost 97 homes per month. The peak was 131 homes in May with 74 sold in February.
Bartow County | October Comments
- Total single family home sales: 111 (2.8% increase)
- Average sales price: $215,000 (8.0% increase)
- Total active listings: 370 (5.4% decrease)
- New listings: 121 (1.6% decrease)
Gordon County | October Comments
- Total single family home sales: 40 (48.1% increase)
- Average sales price: $188,000 (44.6% increase)
- Total active listings: 147 (7.5% decrease)
- New listings: 43 (31.7% decrease)
Bartow, Gordon reports courtesy of Northwest Metro Association of Realtors
The Greater Rome Board of Realtors’ annual Christmas luncheon is Dec. 5 at Coosa Country Club. The meeting includes the installation of the 2019 officers and directors as well as recognition of the 2018 award recipients. To register: http://ow.ly/Ei5L30lXOcM