The YMCA Arsenal Rome Select soccer teams maintained their .500 average with a 4-4-1 record this weekend to make it 45 wins, 45 losses, and 13 ties for the season.
- The B’05 I closed out the Classic I fall season with a 12-0 win at home against Cherokee Impact FC. Arsenal goals were scored by Cristian Delgado (2), Isaiah Johnson (2), Cesar Perez (2), Gavyn Williams (2), Jacob Davis (1), Tyler Garrett (1), Joshua Hernandez (1), and Tucker Wright (1). Arsenal assists were earned by Cesar Perez (2), Yejezkel Parada (2), Tyler Garrett (1), Maddox Pyle (1), Will Payne (1), and Joshua Hernandez (1). Goalkeeper Will Payne recorded no saves, as the Arsenal defense did not allow any Impact shots on goal. The team finished the fall season with an 8-3-1 record, earning 3rd place (out of 12) with 42 points.
- The B’04 II-B lost to UFA Lawrenceville 4-0 and Inter Atlanta FC 1-0 to close their season with a 2-8 record in 9thplace.
- The B’03 I beat MOBA 2-0. Their 6-2-3 record has them in 3rd place. They host the Concorde Fire Central Elite next weekend to close out their season.
- The B’01 I lost to Steamers 4-0 and tied Inter Atlanta 3-3. They host Augusta Arsenal next weekend to close their season.
- The B’00 I B beat 1stplace MOBA 2-0. Their 6-2-1 record has them in 3rd place. They close out their season next weekend in Troup county with AFC Lightning.
- The G’06 C-West took the weekend to play in the GA Presidents Cup and went 1-2. They beat the Dekalb Y 2-1, lost to GA Storm Elite 2-0, and lost to Henry County Elite 3-2. Their 5-2-2 record has them in 4th place. They host 3rdplace Columbus Red Star this weekend.
- The G’02 A beat Rockdale’s 5thplace Lady Revolution 5-2. Their 6-4 record has them in 4thplace. They close out their season next weekend at Roswell’s Lady Chiefs.
- The G’00 B Red lost to Steamers FC 6-0. They close out their season at Barrow County’s Piedmont SA next weekend.
- Compiled by Roy Dickinson.
HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL
First round playoff match-ups (compiled by John McClellan)
- South Atlanta at Rockmart
- Washington at Chattooga
- Pepperell at Douglass of Atlanta
- Coosa at Hapeville Charter
- Fannin County at Calhoun
- Stephens County at Cartersville
- Cedartown at St. Pius X
- Jackson (Atlanta) at Rome
- Trion hosts Wilcox County.
- Darlington has a bye; to play Friday’s winner of the Aquinas vs. Stratford Academy game on Nov. 17.
Rome Middle School will host the 6th and 7th Grade semifinals Saturday at Barron. 6th Grade will play Harrison at 5:30 p.m. followed by 7th Grade playing Creekview at 7:30. p.m. If they win, they will be in GMSAA championship games the next Nov. 17 at East Paulding High School.
Berry: At Trinity University, 2 p.m. Schedule
GHC Lady Chargers: The Lady Chargers travel to Andrew College on Saturday, tip-off 2 p.m.
GHC Chargers: The Chargers return to action on Friday at home versus Motlow State, tip-off 8 p.m.
GNTC: The Lady Bobcats host Dalton State College at the Roosville Athletic Center on Tuesday at 6 p.m. The Bobcats will not be in action again until Nov. 13 at Covenant College junior varsity Squad at 5 p.m. For more information on all Georgia Northwestern athletics, log on to www.bobcatscountry.com.
Harbin Clinic Turkey Trot 5K and Health Wobble benefiting United Way of Bartow County is Saturday, Nov. 17. The long-running event adds Harbin Clinic as the title sponsor this year but keeps the same great course encircling Sam Smith Park and also serves as a qualifier for the Peachtree Road Race. Along with the 5K race, which starts at 9 a.m., the event will have a pre-race costume contest and a two-mile health wobble. The wobble is a two-mile, non-timed walk. “Harbin Clinic is excited to become a part of this Cartersville tradition and be able to help put a focus on health and wellness in Bartow County while also supporting the many great things the Bartow County United Way does in the community,” Harbin Clinic CEO Kenna Stock says. Wire2Wire Running will provide timing and results. Registration for the 5K is $25 and $20 for the health wobble, and people can sign up at Active.com. To guarantee T-shirt size, participants need to be registered by Sunday, Nov. 11. Race-day registration for the 5K is $35 and $25 for the wobble. Packet pick up will be on Friday, Nov. 16, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the lobby of the United Way, 320 W. Cherokee Ave. Register for the Race