You’re going to need a scorecard to track some of the changes and new dining locations. A few are under way or else due by Thanksgiving. And in some way, shape or form, most are connected. So here goes:
- The folks behind Armuchee’s hit restaurant, Almost Famous Cafe, are teaming with Char-Bucks Mobile to open two restaurants. How it all unfolds, per Phillip Quarles:
2. Char-Bucks Almost Famous Grill in Summerville is on the way. That’s a picture of the new location in Summerville (above).
3. Char-Bucks Almost Famous Grill in Shannon is almost ready. The site is the former Opi’s or, most recently, On The Bayou (photo below).
4. That’s in addition to the Almost Famous Cafe in Armuchee, which is not changing.
5. Plus, Char-Bucks and SpeakCheesy are now doing the cooking at Rome City Brewing Co. Thursdays through Saturdays (see item below)
6. And Speakcheesy’s Hillery Sawyer also is the general manager of Almost Famous’ operation at Kellogg’s.
So what it all means:
The Char-Bucks Almost Famous Grill restaurants should open around Thanksgiving. Hiring is under way; call 706-622-7709.
The Rome City Brewing partnership with SpeakCheesy premieres tonight at 5.
And Almost Famous continues to rock off Martha Berry in Armuchee.
We’re getting a headache trying to figure out how they all come together — but we’re anxious to see (and sample) the outcome.
Here’s a combo meal we can get into: How about a craft beer or two, brewed on Broad, paired with two of the regions top food truck chefs? That’s the plan this weekend at Rome City Brewing Co.’s Tap Room atop the brewery at 333 Broad St. tonight through Saturday. In addition to RCBC favorites and maybe some seasonals, order from either the Speakcheesy and Charbucks Mobile menus starting at 5 this evening, 4 p.m. on Friday or 3 p.m. Saturday (settle in just in time for the 3:30 p.m. kickoff for the battle of the SEC East, UGA vs. Kentucky). Also, look for a few favorites from Armuchee’s Almost Famous restaurant as well. #LocalFood and #LocalBeer (and #hometownnews!)