Berry Football: Vikings win 44-3 over Sewanee. Improves to 6-0 overall & 4-0 in the SAA. Game release: The No. 13 Berry College football team cruised to a 44-3 victory over the Sewanee Tigers in front of a record-setting, Mountain Day crowd of 4,611 on Saturday night.
The Vikings now sit at 6-0 overall and 4-0 in the Southern Athletic Association (SAA), remaining in first place in the league. The win pushed Berry’s winning streak to 21-straight regular-season contests and 14-straight games at Valhalla Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- On the Vikings’ second possession of the game, Tate Adcock found Mason Kinsey for a 43-yard touchdown pass on the first play of the drive. Berry led 6-0 after a failed point after.
- Berry would score once more in the first quarter. Heath Burchfield found Michael Luckie on a 30-yard strike to give the Vikings a 13-0 advantage heading into the second period.
- Isaiah Dawson then capped a six-play, 34-yard drive to give the Vikings a 20-0 lead.
- Alex Kirkendoll then intercepted Alex Darras’ pass near midfield to set up Mason Kinsey‘s second touchdown catch of the night. Adcock found Kinsey on an 11-yard strike to give Berry a 27-0 lead.
- Dawson scored once more before halftime, capping a six-play, 72-yard drive as the Vikings led 34-0 at the half.
- Sewanee broke up the shutout on their first possession of the second half off a 49-yard field goal from Michael Jacobs.
- The Vikings answered shortly after as Tate Adcock found Mason Kinsey for the third time on a 48-yard touchdown pass to give Berry the 41-3 lead.
- Sage Costen added a 28-yard field goal to seal the 44-3 win.
- Tate Adcock: 13-of-19, 209 yds, 3 TD, 1 INT
- Joey Connors: 10 att, 79 yds
- Isaiah Dawson: 8 att, 41 yds, 2 TDs
- Mason Kinsey: 5 rec, 119 yds, 3 TDs
- Brandon Palmer: 4 tkl, 1.5 sacks, 1 ff
- The Mountain Day crowd of 4,611 set a new Valhalla Stadium attendance record.
- Prior to the Tigers’ field goal in the third quarter, Berry had gone on a 116-0 scoring run at Valhalla Stadium. On the year, Berry is outscoring opponents 143-6.
- Berry also held Sewanee to just 90 yards of total offense, a program-record.
- The Vikings’ seven quarterback sacks tonight ranks second-most for a single-game in program history.
- Tate Adcock is just two touchdown passes short of tying the single-season record of 20.
- Mason Kinsey is four receiving touchdowns short of tying his own single-season record of 17.
Next Saturday: Berry at Hendrix, 2 p.m. Schedule