Felton Walk, a mixed-use development of five buildings with residential (apartments/condos), retail, office and restaurants, is under review by the city of Cartersville.
City Council members on Thursday evening held a first reading on the project proposed at the intersection of Tennessee Street and Felton Road. A second and final reading is set f ornext month.
If built as proposed, it would sit just off Tennessee Street and the Felton intersection across from Coosa Valley Credit Union with a Tennessee Street entrance very close to AMC Classic 12 theater complex.
Proposed by Tri Unity Holdings LLC (Baha Kharazmi, owner), a detailed proposal was presented to the City Council (click attachments). It combines two parcels for a total of 8.5 acres. The buildings would rise 3.5 to 4.5 stories. The city’s planning commission, in a 6-0 vote, recommends approval of the project with one stipulation: a eight-foot-high masonry wall would be required along the property line shared with the Pointe North.
Felton Walk would include 129 residential units as follows:
- 78 one-bedroom units, 675 square feet each.
- 48 two-bedroom units, 1,144 square feet each.
- Three three-bedroom units offering 1,700 square feet.
Spread across five buildings, Felton Walk would include just under 500 parking spaces for residents and customers.
- Four of the five buildings would feature residential as well as commercial/retail.
- Building three would house a 7,000-foot-restaurant with a rooftop bar as well as another 5,400 square feet of commercial space on the second floor.
- Building four would have a retail/office mix.