Rome/Floyd County 2018 Candidacy Political Forum set for Oct. 9. This is a non-partisan event hosted by Rome/ Floyd County N.A.A.C.P. Everyone is welcome to attend. All candidates from all parties have been invited to the forum for introductions, campaign presentation to and answer questions. A forum with you, the voter in mind. Refreshments will be available between 5 and 6 p.m. The forum moderator is Lashounia Sanders. For more, click Facebook event.
Gubernatorial debates set: Democrat Stacy Abrams and Republican Brian Kemp will meet in two debates prior to the Nov. 6 general election — but both occur after the start of advance voting. The gubernatorial candidates, in a joint statement, announced the first debate on Oct. 23 sponsored by the Atlanta Press Club and to be broadcast by Georgia Public Broadcasting. The second debate will be Nov. 4 and broadcast by WSB TV.
Key dates leading up to the Nov. 6 general election:
- Oct. 9: Last day to register to vote in the Nov. 6 general election (for new or lapses voters, or those who have moved).
- Oct. 15: A Monday, advance voting begins and continues through Friday, Nov. 2.
- Oct. 27: Advance voting will be held on this Saturday for the general election.
- Nov. 2: Advance voting ends at 5 p.m.
- Nov. 6: Election day, precincts open from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m.