With less than 50 tickets available, this Saturday’s Rome Celebrity Dance Challenge will assuredly be sold out, mostly likely by today or Friday. The 8th annual event will be at 7 p.m. at Rome City Auditorium.
“Tickets sales have been going well and will most likely be sold out by Friday. Our teams are busy amping up their routines,” says said Kim Davis, executive director of the Sexual Assault Center of Northwest Georgia, the benefiting organization. “We have an awesome group of contestants this year who have all been working very hard to raise money and put on a great show for our community. You won’t want to miss out on what they have in store!”
General admission tickets are $25 and are available at www.romecelebritydancechallenge.com.
Davis says some $120,000 has already been raised through online votes and tickets. The organization hopes to meet or exceed last year’s fundraising total of $173,000.
Modeled after the popular reality TV show “Dancing With the Stars,” the event features performances by nine teams, with styles ranging from hip hop to ballroom and everything in between:
- Severo Avila of the Rome News-Tribune dancing with Emily Tumlin of Rome Athletic Club
- Sheriff Tim Burkhalter dancing with Katie Kiser of Baird Ballet
- Kevin Cowling of Rome-Floyd Parks & Recreation dancing with Faith Im of Shorter University
- Gorg Hubenthal of The Foundry dancing with Lauren Hillman of Harbin Clinic
- Dr. Kristen Leezer of NWGA Medical Clinic dancing with Payton Campbell of Baird Ballet
- Thad Mathis of Darlington School dancing with Tara Ogle of Harbin Clinic
- Matt Plant of OTR Wheel Engineering dancing with JoAnna Parker of The Dance Centre
- Cindy Stansell of Salon Ten 17 dancing with Chase Tolbert of Darlington School
- Sgt. Rusty Williams of the Floyd County Police Department dancing with Hannah Camacho of The Dance Centre
Teams compete for the Judges’ Choice Award, to be determined by a panel of judges, and the People’s Choice Award, which is determined by community support in the form of funds donated.
As of Wednesday night, Team Plant was in the lead for the People’s Choice Award followed by Team Avila.
To keep up with the latest information, find Rome Celebrity Dance Challenge on Facebook.