As of noon Friday, total of 22 advance voters: That makes 197 total early voters since the start of voting on Monday. Friday’s final numbers were not available by the end of the day. Voting resumes Monday through July 20, on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at both Floyd County Administration building downtown and Garden Lakes Baptist Church.
Bartow and Gordon counties saw a better than expected turnout for the first week of advance voting. In Bartow, saw a total of 268 ballots cast in-person including 259 Republican voters and 9 Democratic. “I am pleasantly surprised to get that many during the first week with the abysmal turnout in the Primary,” says Joseph Kirk, Bartow County Elections supervisor.
Gordon had a total of 248 early voters this week. “It looks like it might be a better turnout than the Primary Election in May,” says Shea Hicks, Gordon County Elections Supervisor.
What to know about the general primary runoff on July 24:
- Three statewide races on the Republican ballot:
- Governor: Casey Cagle vs. Brian Kemp
- Lt. Governor: David Shafter vs. Geoff Duncan
- Secretary of State: Brad Raffensperger vs. David Belle-Isle
- One statewide race on the Democratic ballot:
- School Superintendent: Otha Thornton vs. Sid Chapman
Who is eligible to vote in the General Primary Runoff Election?:
- If you did not cast a ballot in general primary on May 22, you are still eligible to vote in the primary runoff and choose either a Democratic or Republican ballot.
- If you cast a Republican ballot in May 22 primary, you must vote GOP in the runoff.
- If you cast a Democratic ballot in May 22 primary, you vote Democrat in the runoff.
- If you cast a Nonpartisan Ballot on May 22, you will be eligible to cast a ballot for either GOP or Democratic party.
To confirm voter registration, view sample ballots, or find your polling place, visit My Voter Page.
Advance voting runs through July 20 on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Floyd County Administration Building (12 E. 4th Ave.) and Garden Lakes Baptist Church (2200 Redmond Circle NW). There will be no Saturday voting this period. Polls open Election Day, July 24, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Advance voting now-July 13 on Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Bartow County Board of Elections and Voter Registration office, 1300 Joe Frank Harris Pkwy, Cartersville. Saturday voting will be held July 14 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The week of July 16-20, advance voting will be held at the Bartow Elections office from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and at the Cartersville Civic Center from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sample ballot
Advance voting will be now-July 20, Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Gordon County Board of Elections office located in the Gordon County Government Plaza, at 215 N. Wall St., Calhoun. There will not be Saturday voting for this runoff election.
Advance voting will be now-July 20, Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Polk County Board of Elections office at 144 West Avenue, Suite D, in Cedartown.
Chattooga County elections office: Chattooga