Heroes are getting ready to run, walk, fly and maybe even crawl into Rome for the 2018 edition of the Harbin Hero Hustle 5K and two-mile health walk on Sept. 29.
But before the race can soar into action, the Harbin Heroes need your help in selecting five local charities to participate in the Harbin Hero Challenge
. These charities are superheroes for the community and will receive a portion of $4,250 in donations from Harbin Clinic
The nomination period opens today, Monday, July 2, and ends at 10 p.m. on Friday, July 27.
To nominate a charity, individuals need to post the charity name and include the hash tag, #HarbinHeroChallenge to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
A quick note: Shares and likes don’t count, as nominations and creating an image with the hashtag and charity name won’t work either.
The hashtag “#HarbinHeroChallenge” must be in the text of the post or comment, or the vote doesn’t count.
Here are the Harbin Hero Challenge Rules for nominations:
- Only one vote is accepted per Facebook, Twitter or Instagram user
- Nominations must use both #HarbinHeroChallenge and name the charity in the post
- or comment
- The charity must be an actively registered 501(c)(3)
- The charity must be based in Floyd, Bartow, Polk, Chattooga or Gordon counties.
- The charity must support health, educational or cultural causes
- The nomination period closes at 10 p.m. on July 27
The five charities receiving the most nominations all win a $500 donation from Harbin Clinic. Those five charities will be announced on Tuesday, July 31. Over the last two years, more than 85 charities have received 600-plus nominations.