As the downtown Rome parking changes continue to simmer, some of the long-neglected concerns that surfaced in the ongoing debate are being reviewed — and in some cases addressed.
Below is a copy of the note sent to members of Rome’s Downtown Development Authority regarding updates on parking concerns. The note was sent by Amanda Carter, director of the Office of Downtown Development.
“Here are some very important updates from staff regarding the incremental parking changes:
- Deck Cleanliness/Repairs
- A strong effort is being made to clean the decks more effectively with our temporary employee.
- Pressure washing quotes have been received and submitted to city and county management.
- County has replaced several lights in the decks.
- County inmate crews are cleaning the restrooms first thing each morning, Monday through Thursday.
- Deck security/patrol continues.
- Wayfinding/Directional Signage
- Three companies have been contacted; the company that did the original signage in 2006 has since gone out of business. The Design Committee, Megan Watters, is taking the lead on this project.
- Deck Availability Signage
- Discussions are continuing with Parking Logix (http://parkinglogix.com/).
- LPR Procurement
- Currently conducting interviews and hope to have a decision made by July 1.
- Staff is working on a new website for downtown and parking services.”