Friday, Saturday: Darlington School announces that math teacher Al Shorey will be the keynote speaker at the Baccalaureate Service on Friday, and Chip Bell, author, acclaimed speaker, and consultant in customer loyalty and service innovation, will give the Commencement address on Saturday morning. The Baccalaureate Service will be held at 7 p.m. in Morris Chapel. Commencement will begin Saturday, May 19, at 9:30 a.m. on the Chapel Lawn. In the event of rain, Commencement will be held at 10:30 a.m. in the Huffman Athletic Center. Darlington will stream both events live online.
- Watch online: Darlington’s 113th Commencement on Saturday morning as well as honors day at 1:30 p.m. Friday and Baccalaureate at 7 that night will all be webcast live. Watch all of it here: Darlington.
Saturday: Rome High will be holding the school’s annual graduation for all seniors at Barron Stadium. The ceremony begins at 9 a.m. Since last year, a few significant modifications have been made to the overall graduation procedure. This year’s senior class will walk the stage in new custom caps and gowns, all embroidered with Rome High’s crest, a first for graduates. Because of the event taking place at Barron Stadium, there will be no limit as to whom each a graduate can invite to the occasion. In case of rain, students will then be granted seven tickets for family members, as the ceremony will move inside to The Forum where graduates walked in years past.
Saturday: Unity Christian School, 10 a.m.
- Armuchee High School – Baccalaureate – May 20 at 8 a.m.; graduation May 25 at 7 p.m.
- Coosa High School – Baccalaureate – May 20 at 6 p.m.; graduation – May 26 at 2:30 p.m.
- Model High School – Baccalaureate – May 21 at 7 p.m.; graduation – May 26 at 10 a.m.
- Pepperell High School – Baccalaureate – May 23 at 6:30 p.m.; graduation – May 26 at 7 p.m. Baccalaureate speaker will be retired U.S. Air Force Lt. Col. Rob Skelton.
- Cartersville High School: Graduation, Friday at 7:30 p.m. at Weinman Stadium.
- Adairsville High School: Graduation, Friday at 8 p.m. at AHS Stadium.
- Cass High School: Graduation, Friday at 6 p.m at Doug Cochran Stadium.
- Woodland High School: Graduation, Saturday at 9 a.m. at Wildcat Stadium.
- Calhoun High School: Graduation, May 25 at 8 p.m. at stadium.
- Gordon Central High School: Graduation, May 25 at 8 p.m. at Ratner Stadium.
- Sonoraville High School: Graduation, May 24 at 8 p.m. at school.
- Rockmart High School: Graduation, May 25 at 8 p.m. at stadium.
- Cedartown High School: Graduation, May 26 at 10 a.m. at stadium.