Rome’s Alcohol Control Commission meets Monday at 5 p.m with busy agenda: Planned this month are:
- Elect a commission chair (first meeting with new membership).
- Review beer pouring license for Moroleon Mexican Restaurant, 1802 B Redmond Circle, to Rosa Guzman.
Issue a new Beer and Wine Pouring License at Duke’s Rome at 313 Broad St. to Cynthia Williams (moving to larger quarters from the food court in the Cotton Block).
- Requests for Public Consumption of Alcohol from the Downtown Development Authority for events in August, September and October.
- Alcohol Sales Permit Appeal – Melissa Hance
- Hearings on Circle K Stores, 2221 Shorter Ave., Underage Sales; Heli Food Mart, 1928 Shorter Ave., Underage Sales, and Morelos Supermarket, Underage Sales, No Proof of Identity
The Rome Area Council for the Arts Board of Directors has named the Chiaha Harvest Fair as the 2018 winner of the Rome Arts Champion Award. The award was established in 2012 to be given to an organization or individual that has demonstrated the highest level of unselfish service to the Greater Rome community through the arts. The award is presented at RACA’s spring event, Firefly Fling, which is being held this year on April 20 on the grounds of the Sara Hightower Regional Library and site of the future RACA Amphitheater and Arts Exhibition Space. Former winners include: Susan Gilbert Harvey, Oak Hill Museum and Evie McNiece.
Spring book sale to benefit Children’s Summer Program at the Rockmart Library: It’s National Library Week and the Rockmart Library is holding a Spring Book Sale from now until Friday, April 20. Donations have been flowing in and we have a lovely selection of like new books. Hardbacks are priced at $1 each and paperbacks are 25 cents each. All proceeds from the sale will be used to book exciting educational children’s programs at the library. The Rockmart Library is at 316 N. Piedmont Ave, in the City Government Complex in Rockmart. Library hours: Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.; Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Facebook
The Floyd County Commission has updated the meeting times for all board meetings scheduled for the second Tuesday of each month to 6 p.m. Both scheduled meetings of the Floyd County Board of Commissioners will now be at 6 p.m. The first meeting is always scheduled for the second Tuesday of each month and the second meeting is always scheduled for the fourth Tuesday of each month. Caucus will begin at 4:30 p.m. prior to both meetings.